Friday, June 26, 2009

Waiting, waiting, waiting at the airport... Excitement!

I am writing, squatting on the floor, at gate D45 of the Miami International airport waiting for my connecting flight to Quito, Ecuador. I am so excited! I arrived at San Francisco Airport this morning at 4:30 am, and flew to Miami on the first leg of my journey. I have a four hour layover here, and I’ve been wandering the airport and waiting at my departure gate ever since.

I like being in airports, especially Miami’s airport. It is big and kind of funky, with truly enjoyable art and decorations. I have been here a couple of times as a transit point for other foreign adventures, so I am semi-familiar with this airport’s layout.

I stayed up to the wee hours of the night last night packing and organizing for my trip and got less then three hours of sleep. So I slept on my first leg and I plan to do the same all the way to Ecuador! If my plane takes off and on time I should be in Quito around 10 pm Ecuador time. I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment